Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: ShareReactor is DEAD DEAD
Форумы RDA > Общение > Флейм
Lepsik
From buckTV forum
|
| OFFICIAL STATEMENT (or as official as it gets at the time)
|
| As of now you probably noticed that the main page (www.sharereactor.com) and
| the forums (forum.sharereactor.com) is offline. However our IRC server is
| still running, although you CANNOT connect to it through the DNS, so use
| 217.160.142.238 instead, and feel free to join #ShareReactor if you want
| too.
|
| Now enough of this babbling.. Why is ShareReactor down? You're all asking.
| The truth is, none of us knows. However it's seems to be DNS problems, since
| jigle.com and a few other sites is online which is running on the same line
| as ShareReactor is/was. SimonMoon has been offline for almost 2 days at the
| time you are reading this, so nothing can and have been confirmed, so please
| don't jump to any conclusions.
|
| Now you all probably wonder when ShareReactor will be back up. Again none of
| us knows, however the core and some of the users still hang around at IRC,
| and when the page gets back online, that's the first place it will be
| announced.
|
| If you wish to contact anyone from the crew and are unable to get on IRC,
| you can use the mail addresses at the bottom of this post. If the person you
| seek is not listed, send the mail to someone else and tell him/her to pass
| it on
|
| - The ShareReactor Crew
|
| ShareReactor is DEAD DEAD, and will MOST LIKELY NOT be back,,, - READ: MOST
| LIKELY!
|
| more info to follow i hope o_o
kuchin
Спасибо за инфо. А где оно (инфо) добыто, чтобы там можно было следить за дальнейшей судьбой ShareReactor'a?
Lepsik
взято тут

http://forum.bucktv.net/portal.php cwm12.gif
kuchin
Судя по FileNexus'у, ситуация с ed2k начинает ухудшаться frownold.gif
Надо думать, как бы ее улучшить...
kuchin
Видимо, придется вставлять в мула также расшарку сайтов smileold.gif
Lepsik
ShareReactor Domino Effect Continues
March 16, 2004
Thomas Mennecke

The fall of the ShareReactor Empire is having far reaching effects in the file-sharing world. The impact of its collapse is just beginning to take effect, as the well-respected eDonkey2000 statistical site Jigle.com has gone off-line.

The administrator of the site, Melange, has closed the site, at least temporary. For now, the explanation is vague, and refers to not wanting to cause further harm to Simon Moon. We have contacted Melange and hope to update this story soon. The following is from Jigle.com:

Sorry, this service is closed until further notice.

Reason: The ShareReactor has been shut down due to legal issues (if you speak German read here) and it is unclear whether and when it will return. I'm not aware that anything is going on against my person, but I do not want to cause further costs to Simon Moon and therefore have decided to shut my services down.

So long and thanks to all the people that helped me through the previous two years with this project,

Melange.

Jigle Update:

Sorry, this service is closed.

The ShareReactor has been shut down due to legal issues (if you speak german read here) and it is unclear whether and when it will return. Since my servers are hosted there I've decided to shut my services down even though it seems it was decided to kindly leave them running. How could I cause SimonMoon any additional financial costs in the situation he is in now?

I had (and still have) several principles in this project: make a neutral statistical service, be legal, no ads, no filename tagging, try to cause least possible load on the ed2k network. I say that to to give two answers to some of the questions I got from your e-Mails: No, I will not sell it and I will also not open-source it. I simply fear I would hate to see the results of either of these options. Also, moving the service is not easy because it involves moving a 30G file in order to put the filename history back up.

Finally, I've really grown tired of all this in the recent time, please forgive me, but it's a good time to stop for a while. I will donate my hardware to SimonMoon so he can sell it or do whathever he thinks is the right thing to do, if he wants. I'm so sorry about all this.

So long, thanks to all the people that helped me through the previous two years with this project, THANK YOU for your wonderfull e-mails you've sent me recently,

Christian (melange@jigle.com).

Update: ACFmovies.com (Asia Cinema Forum), in response to the latest ShareReactor developments has taken its release page off line. It will no longer offer its wide variety of Asian movie links to the eDonkey2000 community. Here is the official word from the site administrator:

"Due to the latest developments, ACF will no longer provide ed2k links. You can still get/post releases in other forums, but not here please.

We hope that many of you will stay here anyway and discuss about Asian cinema, music, games etc. New sections will follow shortly.

Maybe the situation will calm down so we can start anew"

http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=428
kuchin
To everyone in the ed2k community

As everyone is probably aware of now, ShareReactor has been taken down by the Swiss authorities.
This was done at the request of several big Multimedia companies, who filed a complaint.
SimonMoon has been detained and questioned by the authorities. His house has been raided and searched for evidence.
The SR servers and some personal hardware have been confiscated.

We will address some basic things now.

Is SR dead forever now?
We don't know. This is a serious situation, not only for SimonMoon, but for everyone who has something to do with SR.
If SimonMoon prevails in this case, we think he will continue SR. ShareReactor has been his hobby (not his job) for
the past 3 years. Through all the setbacks and complaints he never gave up. One and a half years ago his house was
searched as well, he has received threats, phonecalls and cease and desist letters on a weekly basis, and he never
cut and ran. So if he makes it through this, chances are SR will continue in some form. However, if he loses this
case, he is in serious trouble, and SR will most likely be history.

Why doesn't SimonMoon tell us this himself?
SimonMoon is under official investigations. It is very likely that he has been told not to communicate with anyone,
in order not to hinder the investigation. Or maybe because he is seen as a suspect and cannot talk because of that.
Or perhaps they want to stop him from telling other people what they should do. Who knows.

So now what?
Now we do what we have been doing. We wait for more information. And hope it all works out.

What else can we do??
People on various forums have suggested donating money for SimonMoon's legal expenses.
We like that idea, because we want to do something to help SimonMoon through this. The problem is that for that
to happen we need to be sure that he wants it, that his lawyer is ok with it, and that we have someone trustworthy
to collect the money. We will post updates if we worked out a way to do this. Before people start complaining about
asking for donations again, SimonMoon did spend the money on a new line, but the SDSL company is a bit crappy. And that
was the best Switzerland had to offer. As for the forum server, ironically it was finally assembled and ready for testing
early last week. Let's hope we'll see it working someday.
Thanks to everyone who suggested donating money for a lawyer. This is not only about SR, this is about the future of many
p2p sites. If SR wins this, then things look a lot brighter than if SR loses and dies. This case will set a precedent for
the future.

Some general notes:

To everyone who said that SimonMoon ran with the money, it may be nice to know that so far SR has only cost SimonMoon a
lot of money. But it was his project so he accepted that. But the kind of hardware needed for the forum required a
fundraiser.
We can only hope that an official press release will stop the ridiculous conspiracy theories about SimonMoon.
It has been very hard to stay calm and quiet while people publicly trash your friend like that. He didn't deserve to be
treated like that. People even posted his address and phone number publicly. How low can you go? Imagine how you would
like it if suddenly everybody with an Internet connection can find your home and can call you in the middle of the night?
Also, imagine how it must have been for him to read all that, after he was detained and questioned, after his house was
raided and emptied by the police. We want to show SimonMoon our full support, and we truly hope this will all end well.
If you want to talk about all this, join SR IRC at gogi.tv, #sharereactor.

Kind regards,

The ShareReactor Crew

http://forum.emule-project.net/index.php?s...60&#entry276410
kuchin
Еще немного инфы на jigle.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.