Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Каскадный · [ Стандартный ] · Линейный+

> Label Your Damn Posts Better

Webslicer
post Среда, 13 Июня 2001, 14:38
Сообщение #1

Unregistered

2 Юзер   Цитировать

Ok now this shit has got to stop. What kinda bullshit is this where I get a movie downloaded and, Yeah it's an ENGLISH version, but then it's got some damn translator talking in Russian through the whole damn movie. That shit is fucked up. Haven't the film companies in Russia heard of Subtitles, or Sound Dubbing? I mean Now I've downloaded 2 movies, that were English and have translators speaking over them. Wierd Sience and now Shanghi Noon.

Now don't get me wrong I love getting free movies and I encourage posting of them. My complaint is that if your gonna post a movie state what Nation of Origin the Voices are in. If it's an English movie say so, if it's a Russian movie say so, If it's an English movie with Russian translation, SAY SO. if it has subtitles, SAY SO. This is all I ask, lable your posts better, so that people who speak one language don't end up wasting their time downloading a movie in another.

If you think this is an unreasonable request, well then i guess I'm wrong for being annoyed at having to listen to a Russian cast talking through my English movie. It's like going to the theater with my russian friend and his translator. IT SUCKS.

------------------
Webslicer - "I am the webs cutting edge."

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
[Dominant]
post Среда, 13 Июня 2001, 15:00
Сообщение #2

Бесполезное ископаемое

2 Юзер   Цитировать

Упс, во прорвало то человека.
А ведь актуально - как раз обсуждаем правила.

2 Webslicer: you are absolutely right, BUT, as you can see at the top of each page of this forum: it's "RUSSIAN DIVX ALLIANCE", and your question is not actual there. There aren't a lot of foreign members who can't speak russian. You are one of them.

In the cases like this, russians says(sorry for my poor english) on't come to another's home with your own rules!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
guerrilla
post Среда, 13 Июня 2001, 16:20
Сообщение #3

Unregistered

2 Юзер   Цитировать

To webslicer:

As a non-Russian speaking Dutchman, I managed to find my way around the board. Basicly it's like this: don't download uncredited .avi's or .rar's! So if there's no rippername (DomiNioN etc.), leave it be! And if there something like "RUS" in the filename... well, you don't need to be Alfred Einstein to figure that one out.
But this is a great board, with a lot of good posts, so keep on checking it out!

+Quote Post
Webslicer
post Среда, 13 Июня 2001, 16:20
Сообщение #4

Unregistered

2 Юзер   Цитировать

Not to cause offense. But all I'm saying is that, when you post a movie post what language the movie is in and if it is subtitled, voice dubbed, or translated, then say so in your post. Again no disrespect cause you guys are one of the best Divx boards out there. But I don't think this to be an unreasonable request and I can assure you that when I post a pub up here, the contents will be clearly labled so as not to cause confusion to a wouldbe downloader, and waste his/her time.

------------------
Webslicer - "I am the webs cutting edge."

+Quote Post
[Dominant]
post Среда, 13 Июня 2001, 16:35
Сообщение #5

Бесполезное ископаемое

2 Юзер   Цитировать

2 Webslicer: You have to post your wishes in "RDA Forum Rules", at this moment there is an open discussion of new rules. You could try to change something there.

I wish you luck.

+Quote Post
pr_aleks
post Среда, 13 Июня 2001, 19:29
Сообщение #6

Unregistered

2 Юзер   Цитировать

2Webslicer:
I would agree with You if You were one of the moderators on this board.

But as it stands, the russian speaking persons are the main movers here.

Admitting that Your opening post had a good thought in it, i must still point out that it was represented in a way too harsh manner.

-----

To moderators i narod:

Poskolku ja ne imeju pravo zdes na russkom board-e nastaivat raznovidnie trebovanija - to ja prosto poprosil-bi, tshtobi vi informirovali uploaderov, tshto mnogie English-speaking ljudi bili-bi ochen blagudarni za specifikacii jazika v imeni filma )

Rasskazhu i korotkuju istoriju: Skachal ja nedavno Screamers i Insider filmi (ot ftp Devid-a) i perekachal cherez set svoemu znakomomu.

Kompjuter, kotorii on polzoval, ne imeet soundcard i on ne smog uznat na kakom jazike filmi.

Ja sam to dumal tshto oni na English.

Moi znakomii tak i vzjal i napisal ih na CD.

Potom, pri prosmotre etih filmov mi vijasnili takzhe jazik - Russkii.

Russkii jazik konechno ochen krasivii, no prosto moi znakomii hotel eti filmi na original jazik.

Nu tschto zdes skazat - esli sam glupi, to sam i vinovat

No vsjetaki, boarda horoshaja - budem prosto bolee vnimatelnimi.

S luchimi pozhelanijami,

aleksander

+Quote Post
Bones
post Среда, 13 Июня 2001, 20:14
Сообщение #7

Unregistered

2 Юзер   Цитировать

I would like to aggree with Webslicer, however, i am not one to bitch about something that is absolutly free.... and illegal in the USA
+Quote Post
genpix
post Среда, 13 Июня 2001, 21:57
Сообщение #8

Видеоман

2 Юзер   Цитировать

Webslicer's absolutely right.
Label "RUS" attached to originally ENGLISH movie title has too broad meaning here (in this forum).
It could be
1) voice dubbed
2) subtitles
3) translation.

Among all these three, #1 and #2 are acceptable (and as a russian speaking person I would download movie with one of these type of translation).
#3 is usually horrible (and as an English speaking person as well, I would NOT download this movie).

It would be nice if “RUS” label would have more details, like “RUS subbed” or “RUS translated”.

+Quote Post
AlexGreen
post Среда, 13 Июня 2001, 22:03
Сообщение #9

Кащей RDA

2 Юзер   Цитировать

I have to agree with genpix on that.
The latest example was Dune with russian dubbing. It was pretty damn bad. I'd rather get the movie without any translation and watch it in english than to watch it like this. The dubbing was so bad that it was impossible to understand either language. But, i suppose, i sould complain about that to the people who translated, not who uploaded
+Quote Post
envoyatthenet
post Четверг, 14 Июня 2001, 0:06
Сообщение #10

Unregistered

2 Юзер   Цитировать

2 genpix

>1) voice dubbed
>2) subtitles
>3) translation.

Haven't downloaded any movies for a while now, but i guess it's still the same with russian translated movies - 80-85% are voice dubbed, around 10% are fully translated, and ONLY like 5% (or less) of movies have russian subs. So... the RUS label should be quite clear on it's own, i guess

Народ, поправьте меня если я не прав

And yes, i agree with AlexGreen, the russian dubbing is usualy (95%) are horrible

+Quote Post
Tallarna
post Четверг, 14 Июня 2001, 17:54
Сообщение #11

Воспитатель RDA

2 Юзер   Цитировать

2 Webslicer:

Hello! For example, you see the topic with a movie link, but there is "Язык: русский". Do you understand this? Or "Язык: английский", or "Язык: оригинальный"? Do you understand this too? I can say, ask us! Ask us in English, what a language has this or that movie. A lot of people here speak English. We answer you, why not? And be tolerant! There are a lot of RUSSIAN people here...

Once more, excuse us for this thing. You are not QUITE right, but right too.

------------------
Tallarna

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 пользователей читают эту тему (1 гостей и 0 скрытых пользователей)
здесь находятся:

Lo-Fi Версия CMSBlog Сейчас: Пятница, 24 Мая 2024, 9:08